Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Using NetBackup directly with tape drive

2006-09-14 04:26:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Using NetBackup directly with tape drive
From: m5644 at abc.se (J K)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:26:46 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,  I just joined the list so I'm a newcomer, both in the list and in
the NetBackup world in general.
I've all of a sudden taken over the management of a Windows server having
NetBackup ver 4.5 installed. There's a tape drive in the machine.

Now, the server pointed to have been shut down since a long time ago and
noone has been taking care of making backups since then. Someone said that
he was sure it was possible to make a backup to the tape drive in the
machine using NetBackup. But, from what I've understood, you can't do
anything unless there's a NetBackup server somewhere that, in turn,
connects to the tape drive. Is this true?

Kind regards,
Johan Kullberg