Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP requirements

2006-09-12 18:45:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP requirements
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:45:14 -0700 (PDT)
> Actually I was hoping to use 3-way backups with the tape drive connected
> to the master/media server (2-way? :).  I'm out of slots on the NetApp,
> no room for a SCSI card or fibre HBA.  Also, I have two NetApps and I'd
> like to use one tape drive for both if possible.

If you have two NDMP hosts and you send the data from one to the other
(which has a tape drive), that's "3-way".

If you have an NDMP host and you send the data from it to a drive on
your netbackup media server, that's "remote ndmp".

Took me a bit to recognize the distinction...
--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com