Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.0 Performance Very Slow

2006-09-11 11:15:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.0 Performance Very Slow
From: Bill_Jorgensen at csgsystems.com (Jorgensen, Bill)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:15:03 -0600
Just thinking out loud...

I echo Ed Wilts inquiry about file size. If you have millions of small
files that will slow you down substantially.

Have you checked for overall network throughput? Specifically, would you
be able to verify that the NIC is set to 10/100/1000 (whatever you line
speed is) full duplex. Duplex mismatches cause headaches. Speed
reductions do to. We have had speed reductions on the swich port on two
separate occasions after bouncing the switch. You can verify duplex
mismatch on your end (if you are working with a UNIX client) by checking
for collisions or errors with outgoing packets.

Good luck,

Bill