Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Several seperated backup networks..

2006-09-08 02:25:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Several seperated backup networks..
From: khurramtm at gmail.com (Khurram Tariq)
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:25:02 +0500
You can get away by putting the required entries in hosts files. But its
only feasable when you have a small number of servers otherwise it can be a
nightmare to manage hosts files in a large network. We use a seperate set of
DNS servers which are not accessible to the public for our *nix boxes.
Without DNS life of a sys admin is a pain.