Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Fame at last.

2006-09-07 19:49:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Fame at last.
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 18:49:51 -0500
On 9/7/2006 1:14 PM, Wayne T Smith wrote:
> In fact, Symantec, in this article,
> shows little or no interest at all ... in anything.
>
>   - Mike Adams, Group Manager of Symantec for NetBackup,
                                                          ^
you forgot the important 2 words from the article:  "product marketing"

Let's be clear about a few things here.  One, nobody from Symantec's
engineering nor support teams were quoted.  Two, marketing typically
doesn't know what's going on in the real world.

One marketroid does not speak for the entire NetBackup organization and
especially not for Symantec as a whole.

NBU 6.0 should not have shipped as it was.  However, what's done is
done.  Perhaps it was a marketing decision or perhaps it was a
engineering decision with poor testing - we'll probably never know.
What we do know is that the 6.0 binaries coming out now are better than
they were before.

Some NetBackup engineers do read this list (or get relevant messages
forwarded to them).  So do some of the support folks (ditto).  From what
I've seen and personally experienced, they're trying really, really hard
to fix their early shipping screwup.  I personally have absolute no
issues with their support organization nor their efforts to make things
better.

        .../Ed

No, I don't speak for the company I work for.  This are my personal
thoughts.  You really think I have the authority to speak for my employer?

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org