Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] W2K3 media servers rebooting

2006-09-07 10:25:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] W2K3 media servers rebooting
From: stumpb at michigan.gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:25:00 -0400

NB 5.1 MP4
SSO with only master server as scan host
SL8500 firmware 3.02b
SL Console firmware 2.29.00
ACSLS 7.1.0
STK 9940B tape drives 1.35.409
tape device driver is Veritas 5.1.1.1
(NetBackupTapeDeviceDriverInstall20060215_282214.exe)
RSM is DISABLED on the window servers

We have had some problems with W2003 servers rebooting when the
NetBackup master server is shutdown and tape drives are taken offline.

Event log entry before reboot:
Cannot register shared drives for host mediaserver7 on host master1:
cannot connect to vmd

Is this due to the master server being the only scan host?
We placed the entry SSO_SCAN_ABILITY = 0 in all media server vm.conf
files except the master server.
BTW: we have 70 media/SAN media servers!