Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Q about status 134

2006-09-07 04:09:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Q about status 134
From: MvandenBerg at faritec.com (Marianne van den Berg)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:09:02 +0200
Hi

It seems that Symantec considers 134 as a 'feature' rather than a problem.

Here's an 'In-depth Troubleshooting Guide for Exit Status Code 134', which is
merely an explanation, rather than a fix.
http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/277622.pdf

We also see that a tape drive is not assigned to a media server for the
duration of a job. If a tape is filled up and dismounted in order to mount
another tape, another media server that has queued jobs will 'grab' the drive
as soon as the 'SCSI_RELEASE' is registered. Media server 1 will keep on trying
to use the same drive and keep on requeue'ing the job with status 134...

We have a large customer that is now moving away from SSO and going back to
dedicated drives because of this irritation.

Regards

Marianne