Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Q about status 134

2006-09-06 20:40:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Q about status 134
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 19:40:06 -0500
Paul Keating wrote:
> That's actually all I want to do for the moment.
>
> I was just wondering if it was better developed for a "pay to play"
> product like SSO, since I'm looking at implementing it in the near term
> when I add a couple media servers.....or otherwise, "hardcoding" a fixed
> number of tape drives per media server.
>
> Ie, 3 media server, 6 drives, zone/configure 2 drives per media
> server....no SSO.

The 134 "errors" aren't really errors and this is one of the areas that
has been addressed by the 6.0 scheduler.    So for now, ignore them if
you can until 6.0 stabilizes.

When we were at 5.1, we configured 6 tape drives per media server even
though we had 3 servers trying to talk to a total 8 tape drives.  Sure
we got a lot of 134s, but they didn't hurt anything.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org