Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FROZEN acts like SUSPEND in 6.0 MP3 with bpexpdate command?

2006-09-05 11:03:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FROZEN acts like SUSPEND in 6.0 MP3 with bpexpdate command?
From: stumpb at michigan.gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 11:03:44 -0400
NetBackup 6.0 MP3. I had a frozen tape that I ran
bpexpdate -m V01504 -d 0
I found the tape was placed into the scratch pool for re-use.
The question is why is it acting like a suspended tape instead of a
frozen tape?

FROZEN = remains unwritable and in the frozen condition until manually
unfrozen with bpmedia command
SUSPENDED = remains unwritable until it expires and then it is
automatically placed back into the scratch pool for re-use.

Then,
I ran a bpmedialist -summary and noticed an entry for a different tape
that was frozen and the images expired naturally.
Number of NON-ACTIVE media that:
       1 - are currently EXPIRED
            E00007 expired 09/01/2006 15:09 (FROZEN)

So is his just an anomaly for bpexpdate??