Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Shadow Copy Components:\

2006-08-31 15:26:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Shadow Copy Components:\
From: shazari at gmail.com (Shyam Hazari)
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:26:24 -0400
I am trying to backup a Windows server 2003( with SQL on it) client using
ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive and I don't see Shadow Copy Components:\ getting
backed up. I created a separate policy for the Shadow Copy Components:\, but
still the backup finishes successfully with zero bytes. I don't see any
error messages in the event manager. Any idea what might be wrong ? I
enabled the Volume Shaow Copy and Microsoft Shadow copy provider services,
but still no luck.

I have other windows 2003 servers, which backup the shadow copy just fine
eve though Volume Shaow Copy and Microsoft Shadow copy provider services are
disabled.

Much appreciated.

-Shyam