Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Clarification - Policies

2006-08-29 16:44:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Clarification - Policies
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:44:42 -0400
Terribly sorry, I wrote that rather hastily - we're in DR mode here with
the coming tropical Storm / Hurricane.  I probably DID mean NTFS-FAT,
and you are 100% correct that EXT2-3 do not support any sort of archive
bit.  That was definitely a slip on my part.

That's said, I know EXT2-3 (Unix / Linux) backups are preformed based on
the last backup time the modified / created time/date stamp on the
individual files.  I guess the real question is whether or not the
information about the last Full / Differential time/date is stored per
policy, per client or per directory structure-selection list item.  That
is a VERY good question, and I'll see about doing some testing to find
out.

Sorry again for the original slip-up.

-Jonathan