Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] >>NBU 5.1 MP4 bptm performance tuning<<

2006-08-28 08:34:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] >>NBU 5.1 MP4 bptm performance tuning<<
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:34:42 -0400
This isn't a problem with the scheduler frequency.

If your scheduler is starting a second invocation of a client backup
before the first has completed, then you're missing your window.

My scheduler runs on a 10 minute interval, and during my weekly fulls, I
have jobs stay queued more than 24 hours, and the scheduler does NOT
start a second invocation.

It sounds like your Monday night backup hasn't completed by the time
your Tuesday night backup kicks off.

You're apparantly overloading your infrastructure.
Time to start adding media servers and tape drives.

Paul