Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vnetd question

2006-08-25 09:12:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vnetd question
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:12:40 -0400
Correct so far.

Now you need to configure the client to use VNETD.

I'll give you the step by step from the version I have running at the
moment, 5.0MP4.
In your GUI, navigate down through:
Host Properties -> Master Server, then select your master on the right.

Once the master info loads, right click on the master, and select
Properties.

In the properties window, select Client Attributes.

In the window that opens, click "Add", type in the name of the client
behind the firewall, and click OK.
Now select the newly added client from the list, then on the right, put
a "check" in "No connect-back", then "ok" your way out of
everything....you do not need to restart the NBU daemons, even if you're
prompted to.

Then re-run your backup.

This process will have to be done for every client you want to backup
behind a firewall.

Paul