Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBCC, perl my version

2006-08-23 11:56:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBCC, perl my version
From: Greg.Hindle at constellation.com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:56:09 -0400
Thanks for sharing this!

Greg

________________________________

From: veritas-bu-bounces at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-bounces at mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Lewick,
Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 11:30 AM
To: veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu

This only works on Unix systems, but if you know perl you could re-write
to run on windows systems.  Its against my morals to do so, or I would.
(That's a joke, kind of).

Anyway, run it on master server check the paths in the script to
bpimmedia, bpmedialist, and vmquery, set those, and point it to your
perl path.  No modules needed.  Run it when there is little to no backup
activity, and run again a while later and see if it's the same.
NetBackup sometimes runs cleanup processes in background, so its
possible you could catch it at one of those times.

Running the script can't hurt anything as you are only running
bpimmedia, bpmedialist, and vmquery.  However, do Not start
deleting/removing tapes or expiring images based on the script output
without knowing what you are doing...