Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Destroyed DSSU

2006-08-23 10:46:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Destroyed DSSU
From: Eric.Johnson at mtsallstream.com (Johnson, Eric)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:46:20 -0400
In planning for disaster recovery, I've been examining different situations
that aren't a complete loss of the NetBackup system. One is where our DSSU unit
is lost (file system corrupted beyond repair, or whatever). Obviously, this
leaves you with no images in a location that NetBackup thinks there are some.

Is it a simple matter of using bpexpdate to expire all of the images that were
on the DSSU? Or will this still not repair the inconsistency with the catalogs?

Eric Johnson
Service Technologist - Operations Delivery
Allstream IT Services
136 Market Avenue, 8th Floor, Winnipeg, MB, R3B 0P4, Canada
tel: 204.925.3404?? toll free tel: 1.888.783.5555
fax: 204.925-0069
e-mail:? mailto:eric.johnson at mtsallstream.com
web:? http://www.allstream.com/