Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VTL images to tape

2006-08-22 13:34:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VTL images to tape
From: dave-bu at graniteweb.com (David Rock)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:34:22 -0500
* Hindle, Greg <Greg.Hindle at constellation.com> [2006-08-22 12:55]:
> Yes using as tape. All that works fine. But getting the images from the
> VTL to tape is more challenging. I think netbackup 6.5 has full support
> for VTL's and then I assume that the vaulting option will fully support
> VTL to tape copying then. I was told that 6.5 is due out by the end of
> this year.

That sounds like complete garbage to me.  We have been using VTL
(Quantum DX100) since 4.5 and have had no issues at all with vaulting to
"real" tape.  Quite the opposite, it has helped our environment
tremendously.  We are on 5.1MP[45] for most of our stuff now.  What,
exactly, are you being told by Symantec?  There _are_ issues with how we
are trying to manage getting stuff expired, but that has nothing to do
with bpduplicate.

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com