Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] cumulative incremental - best to use: when?

2006-08-17 02:35:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] cumulative incremental - best to use: when?
From: james.c.siano at lmco.com (Siano, James C)
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 02:35:30 -0400
At one time I used cumulative inc. for just about everything; however,
then the realization that is was eating up tape galore.

Would cum.incr. be more advantageous for certain situations.

I was thinking in one case a database system called DOORS.  It generates
thousands of small files changing each day.  The system has no export
capability in order to restore one big blob--at least in the world I
support.   If I had two restore a doors db, then I'd could theoretically
have to pick and choose hundreds of files if not thousands to get things
back.....

Would cum.incr. be the best approach that specific endeavor.  Or where
else would it be best used overall from those on the list using that
formula?