Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bparchive status

2006-08-10 22:03:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bparchive status
From: Richard.Mansell at ccc.govt.nz (Mansell, Richard)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:03:22 +1200

For our MS SQL databases we have included a final step in the hourly
transaction log dump which triggers a NetBackup job that performs a
differential backup to a disk staged area on the backup server. The
staged area then gets backed up to tape every three hours.

The transaction logs left on the SQL server get purged after 3 days.
Being a Windows based server the purging script checks to make sure that
the archive bit has been reset before doing the deletion.