Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] buffering in FC/SCSI router

2006-08-08 09:16:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] buffering in FC/SCSI router
From: jlightner at water.com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 09:16:35 -0400
We have been using the FC/SCSI bridges on our STK 700 for a few years.
We don't have the "feature" turned on.  They don't seem to cause us
problems so I wouldn't say to get rid of them.   The only issue we saw
with these was when we tried to add them to our Linux servers to be used
as media servers.  The drivers on Linux were inconsistent in how they
saw these - on some it saw the bridge only and on others it saw through
to the SCSI ports, which is what we needed.  This is more an issue with
Linux than the bridges themselves.