Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Master Server Hostname Change

2006-08-04 05:35:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Master Server Hostname Change
From: smpt at peppas.gr (smpt)
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 11:35:46 +0200
Hi, I?ve done this many times.
You are correct.
You must run the bpimage command before you move the database.
Then you can move the image dir to the new server.
Also you must move the files: mediadb, voldb,  pooldb, ruledb. The vmglob is
not needed. Check the vm.conf and bp.conf.
Move the class, client and config dirs (if byou need the policies, and the
configuration setings of the Previous   server).
If you use DSSU move the shed dir
If you use vault move the vault dir

All copies must be done with the services down.

As I told you I?ve done many times, most of them with success. But with some
installations Although the backup and restore  is working,u  I can?t restore
from old server?s backups with error 202. I don?t know why and I can?t call
Veritas as this is unsupported. It is strange.
smpt