Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP restore problem - NDMP_HALT_INTERNAL_ERROR Type 5on Solaris Server with 5.1 MP4

2006-08-02 23:15:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP restore problem - NDMP_HALT_INTERNAL_ERROR Type 5on Solaris Server with 5.1 MP4
From: Len.Boyle at sas.com (Len Boyle)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 23:15:35 -0400
You have to look at the logs on the netapp. You can look in the /etc/messages
file, but I suspect that you will not find anything.
There is also an ndmplog (watch my spelling) If memory serve me you issue the
command on the netapp of ndmpd debug xx
where the higher the number the more detail. so 50 is good, I think 70 is the
highest. A good chance that this will give you the info you require.

After the restore can you see the file you are restoring. We have one set of
data that always gets a return code of 5, but it is after the restore is
finished when it is trying to change the permissions on the file, which fails.
But the file was restored.

len