Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] MS SQL restore - master client vs. client side restore

2006-07-31 11:53:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] MS SQL restore - master client vs. client side restore
From: james.c.siano at lmco.com (Siano, James C)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:53:19 -0400
Hello.

Running NBU 5.0.  Have some wintel clients with SQL agent installed.

Is is true that the SQL restore using the agent can only be done client
side and not form the NBU master console?

Also the issue I ran into, was that the DBA performing the restore had
to run restore jobs and then kill them off to give the tape number
needed for the restore. I then have to retrived said tapes from off
site.

Is there a better way using the native NBU master gui to perform this
function or do SQL installs require them to be done from the master
client.