Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiplexing

2006-07-31 09:38:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiplexing
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:38:57 +0100
Ed
Was that restores to ALL clients, or single client ?

As you say, may suit some environments, and not others (have a UNIX site
that multiplex settings were VERY low and backups took 50 hours). Increased
this setting, reconfigured the schedule and got this down to 13 hours! Also
used a 2nd tape drive.

But, may not suit everyone! I would expect restore to take a little longer
though!

I am glad for all of this input though (Ed, Paul, ect) as its nice to get a
BETTER understanding in case, as Paul quite rightly says, something goes
HORRIBLY wrong.

And at the end of the day, it can only be myself to blame. But I have not
chosen numbers out of a hat by the way :-) Care and planning and testing was
done!

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support