Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Command Line??

2006-07-27 20:03:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Command Line??
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:03:41 -0500
On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 01:23:57PM -0500, Daniel Cox wrote:

> Is there any way to get the maintenance pack info remotely?

Consistently:  no.
Inconsistently:  sometimes, if the moon is right, you have the right
combinations of clients and versions.

> Or does
> Veritas expect us to go by hand to every linux/solaris/hpux/windows,
> etc. box to check this?

The product managers are well aware that we want and *NEED* this
information, and I fully expect them to deliver this functionality in a
future release.  Which release, I don't know.  Some NBU engineers and
support folks read this list, so it's no secret that customers are
requesting this.  I guess it just hasn't made it to the top of the
priority list.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA