Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scheduler woes with Ver 6.0 + MP3

2006-07-25 20:49:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scheduler woes with Ver 6.0 + MP3
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:49:32 -0500
On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 02:59:04PM -0700, Dmitri Smirnov wrote:

> Had a LOT of problems with nbpem in 6.0 MP2 (hangs, crashes, missing
> backups). Lots of them were fixed by MP3.
> Still have issues with nbpem with MP3:
> - missing backups, nbpem will not start backups for some clients in
> policies, no related log entries

We're actively working this issue with support and have received new
images that have made things better, but some problems still remain.

> - missing backups, "protocol error" generated in netbackup/db/error
> directory, no jobs started in activity window.

I can't remember if ths is one of the issues we're having or not (and
I'm out of the office right now).  Status 90. 200, 801/802/803 issues
are all open with Engineering.

> Don't want to waste my time with Veritas support (takes days!), hope
> someone else will report same issues and Veritas will fix them.

Well, you can you hope that the case that's triggering your errors are
the same as mine in which case you'll eventually get a fix, or you can
log a call and make sure.  Keep your fingers crossed.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org