Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scheduler woes with Ver 6.0 + MP3

2006-07-25 17:59:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scheduler woes with Ver 6.0 + MP3
From: Dmitri.Smirnov at fusepoint.com (Dmitri Smirnov)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:59:04 -0700
Had a LOT of problems with nbpem in 6.0 MP2 (hangs, crashes, missing
backups). Lots of them were fixed by MP3.
Still have issues with nbpem with MP3:
- missing backups, nbpem will not start backups for some clients in
policies, no related log entries
- missing backups, "protocol error" generated in netbackup/db/error
directory, no jobs started in activity window.

Don't want to waste my time with Veritas support (takes days!), hope
someone else will report same issues and Veritas will fix them.

Dmitri