Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple RMAN Backups

2006-07-25 17:51:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple RMAN Backups
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:51:00 -0400
I'm having a strange issue where an RMAN / Oracle backup is configured
to run once, but it runs 2 or 3 times, even when running a manual
backup.  Its causing me to exceed my backup windows.  I'm running NBU
5.1 MP4 on Windows 2003.  The issue occurs whether the backup is
scheduled to run during a certain open window or if I kick off a manual
backup.  I'm working the problem from the top down but I'm wondering if
anyone else has ever seen anything like this?

-Jonathan