Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Installation of NOM fails - jacorb.properties not found

2006-07-24 18:00:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Installation of NOM fails - jacorb.properties not found
From: Michael.Sponsler at ngc.com (Sponsler, Michael)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:00:10 -0400
All,
I'm attempting to install NOM on a Solaris / Netbackup 6.0 master
server.  During the installaion, where vxamnom is configured, and the
following runs:

Starting VERITAS NOM SERVER
NOM Database Server Running (pid 26015)
Vxamnom is not yet configured.  Now Executing the following config:
        cd /opt/VRTSamnom
        . ./setam_env.sh
        ./configure_vxam 5431 "DRIVER=Adaptive Server Anywhere
9.0;ENG=VERITAS_NOM_hostname;DBN=vxam;links=tcpip{host=localhost;port=13
729}" "-g /opt/VRTSnom/config/vxam.conf"

The installation freezes there.  The only thing not running at this
point is VRTSnomd.  If I try to do a "/etc/init.d/vxnomd start" all
processes seem to start, then VRTSnomd dies after about a minute.  And
in /opt/VRTSnom/logs/VRTSnom.log I see the following errors:

[ jacorb.home unset! Will use '.' ]
[ File./jacorb.properties for configuration of jacorb not found ]
In CSInfoInt ctor
Calling register with serviceID = CycloneDomainService

The error repeats itself a few times.  I am using plain jane Netbackup
6.0, no MP1 -> MP3.  I'm trying to just get NOM installed before I
update.  Truth be told, NOM won't update, it fails because it can't
start all of it's services.

Any ideas, or inklings would be great (except RTFM....I've done that).

This is my first attempt to install and configure NOM.  And yes, I have
all the required software installed.  I think the problem is this jacorb
problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks.

--
Mike Sponsler
Northrop Grumman