Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status Code 800 - HELP!

2006-07-24 09:11:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status Code 800 - HELP!
From: MConner at imb.org (Conner, Mike)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:11:34 -0400
Hi, we have Win2003, NBU 6 MP3.  Things have worked for a week and a
half in a very small environment, then all of a sudden we get status
code 800 this weekend on our backups.  When I go to device monitor and
try to bring the drives back up, we get the following error:

Unable to up the selected drive:  HP.ULTRIUM2-SCSI.000.

The drive is not ready or inoperable (277)

OK

The Library says something about shutting it down and bringing it back
up, but we do that and it does not help the situation.

When I go to drives in the Netbackup Console under Devices - Drives, the
Drive Path says Missing_drive:HUL4L01074 and Missing_drive:HUL4L01070
for the other.

When I go to devices - robots and double-click the TLD robot, it brings
up the change robot, I click OK, and get the message:
Device configuration command </usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -update
-robot 0 -robtype tld -port 2 -bus 2 -target 6 -lun 0> failed on host
No compatible device is registered at these SCSI coordinates(51).

In event viewer, we get the following errors:
EventID 5691 - TLD(0) unavailable:  initialization failed: Unable to
open robotic path

EventID 5127 - TLD(0) (4536) Could not find SCSI coordinates {2,2,60} in
the registry

EventID 2747 - could not get drive path for drive HP.ULTRIUM2-SCSI.001
(device 1, SCSI coordinates MISSING_DRIVE:HUL4L01070)

What happened and what do we do?
Thanks!

Mike