Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] System State Windows 2003 just taking "forever"

2006-07-22 06:46:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] System State Windows 2003 just taking "forever"
From: bobbyrjw at bellsouth.net (Bobby Williams)
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 06:46:34 -0400
I have run into this on some Win2K3 systems.  It seems that a security patch
install does not complete successfully (but in true windoze fashion, it does
not report it).

Use the Windows backup program (the one on the system that looks like
BackupExec) and attempt to back up the Sys State/ SCC and see if you can.
We could not and the admins traced it back to a patch (but I don't know
which patch).

By the way, I have systems that back up the SS/SCC just fine in schedules,
but when you initiate the manual backup, it just sits there.  I suspend it,
the drive backups kick in, then I unsuspend that SS/SCC and it will back up.

Bobby Williams
2205 Peterson Drive
Chattanooga, Tennessee  37421
423-296-8200