Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6 and changing Linux host name

2006-07-21 01:48:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6 and changing Linux host name
From: Tim.Wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au (Wilkinson, Tim)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:48:25 +1000
Hopefully I've explained this as clearly as possible......

We've got 2 Linux servers (let's call them Linux1 and Linux2). Linux1 is
now to be called Linux 2 and vice versa.

Linux 2 is a client (a SAN media server; i.e. it has a storage unit) in
Netbackup 6.

Once I've made the changes in DNS, as far as the network is concerned,
the 2 have been swapped (i.e. the client that was called Linux2 is now
called Linux1).

Netbackup is now showing the (in Devices>Hosts) the host Linux2.domain
is showing up as offline. I can backup across the LAN (i.e. using the
storage unit of the Master) but obviously, as the hosts device is now
offline, it can't use this device.

How do I rectify this? Is it as easy as removing Linux2.domain, running
the wizard and adding it again? The device wizard isn't finding
Linux1.domain but perhaps that because it's already configured in there
as Linux2.domain?

Cheers,

        Tim Wilkinson
        I.T. Support Officer
        Science Corporate Information Systems
        Defence Science & Technology Organisation
        Department of Defence

        Tel: (02) 96921484
        Fax: (02) 96921562
        Email: tim.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au