Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] stdout and stderr locations for dbbackup_notify

2006-07-20 14:10:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] stdout and stderr locations for dbbackup_notify
From: Mark.Donaldson at cexp.com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 12:10:03 -0600
In general, standard out & standard error from the "*notify*" family is
poorly handled - probably discarded.

You have to intentionally redirect any output within your script.

A good way to do this is to add this:

exec >/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/`basename $0`.out 2>&1

..near the top of your scripts.

-M