Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP Performance

2006-07-19 16:07:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Performance
From: Garrett.Covington at trizetto.com (Covington, Garrett)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:07:03 -0600
We have our LT02 tape drives on our ADIC scalar i2k's directly connected to our
NAS devices through fiber. We had previously used a NetApp R150, but have
upgraded to a FAS3050 cluster. Each cluster head has two fiber hba's connected
to different tape drives (2 per fiber). We regularly see speeds of 30-50mb/sec
and if a few or single backup is running, I have seen speeds of upto 90mb/sec!
Just remember that the speed/sec Veritas outputs in the Management console are
average speeds, and it takes some time to get the tape spinning, data pushing,
etc. We just got in some new LT03 drives and are going to connect them in a
similar fashion, hoping the speeds will increase even more!

-Garrett Covington