Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] changing backup selection in a policy

2006-07-12 08:33:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] changing backup selection in a policy
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 08:33:33 -0400
I generally use ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and exclude things I don't want to
backups.  This sort of covers me incase an enthusiastic admin adds some
storage and forgets to tell me about it.  That said, I have a few
policies like this, mostly backing up Oracle Archive Files (don't ask.)
If you select E: but E: doesn't exist on a client, it skips it.  Worst
case scenario you might end up with an error 71 - no files on the list
exist, but I think only if you are multistreaming.  You'll have to check
that part out, but generally speaking your method is fine and in
production here.

-Jonathan