Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Frustration Growing...

2006-07-11 10:57:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Frustration Growing...
From: vandevegt at yahoo.com (Jim VandeVegt)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:57:42 -0700 (PDT)

"Martin, Jonathan (Contractor)" <JMARTI05 at intersil.com> wrote:Message    1 -
 Does the current Solaris client work on X86 (I'm sure the answer is no, but
I'll  ask anyway.)
 2 - Does the 6.0 Client include the 5.1 client?
  3 - Does anyone have a tar they can send me with the Solaris 10 X86  client?

It looks like my 5.1 installation has an x86 client on it for Solaris 7-9. In
answer to #1 above, I'd say give the Solaris 9 x86 client a try. The SPARC
version certainly won't work, if that's what you meant.

#2: It is not a supported configuration because the master server is supposed
to be at the highest patch level, but I've heard of higher-leveled client
binaries working fine with lower-leveled media and master servers.

Your Solaris 10 x86 client binary is going to be on NBU 6.0 media, or a patch.
I can't remember exactly if Solaris 10 support was in 6.0 GA, or an MP.
Regardless, you may be able to download the MP for the clients (are they still
separated? I think so.) and manually explode the zip/tar files and find the
Solaris_x86_10 directory and patch it into your current
/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Solaris directory.