Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6 & Library Based Tape License

2006-07-11 09:42:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6 & Library Based Tape License
From: Richard.Mickle at mwrms.rrd.com (Richard.Mickle AT mwrms.rrd DOT com)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:42:56 -0500
Tim,

The License Key "Library Based Tape License" may not be needed to run
NetBackup, but it is a legal requirement to be properly licensed for it if
you use a tape library of any kind.  There may be a different license for
stand alone tape drives, I am not sure about this.  It is my understanding
that you need 1 license for every tape drive you want to use.

>Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:52:06 +1000
>From: "Wilkinson, Tim" <Tim.Wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au>
>Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6 & Library Based Tape License
>To: <veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
>
>Hi,
>
>I've asked a few people about this but never had what I'd call a complete
answer (I've been quoted from the admin >guide but it's not hugely helpful
as I've already read this and doesn't answer my question) so hopefully
someone >knows a bit more about this on this mailing list.
>We have NBU 6 (Ent) and have a license key for a 'Library Based Tape
License'. We use robotic tape libraries (SL500 >among others) but have
never added the LBT license and it all runs fine so the question is what
is this license >actually required for? Is it perhaps a legacy thing?

>Cheers,
>
>Tim

Richard Mickle
UNIX Systems and Storage Administrator
Moore Wallace Response Marketing Services
An RR Donnelley Company
E-Mail:         Richard.Mickle at mwrms.rrd.com
Phone:        920-339-1695
Cell Phone: 920-366-1987