Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiplexing problem

2006-07-06 11:37:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiplexing problem
From: shanel at gmail.com (Shane Liebling)
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 08:37:42 -0700
A couple things to keep in mind that can trip you up w/ multiplexing
(and have done so to me in the past):

1) Configuration - The tape drive needs to be set up to multiplex and,
if you really want to get the most bang for the buck, the policy
should be set to multistream as well.

2) Media retention levels - you cannot multiplex policies with
different retention levels to a single tape.  f you have 3 policies w/
retention levels 2, 3, and 3, only the latter two will run if the tape
in the drive is an RL3 tape.

-Shane