Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] license question re NDMP backup

2006-07-04 20:03:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] license question re NDMP backup
From: brounb at adi-limited.com (Broun, Bevan)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 10:03:57 +1000
Hi All

Im figure Im more likely to get the correct answer here then from
veritas/semantic.

I have a netapp filter (a cluster actually) that I currently backup using
ndmp to the tape library attached to the (windows) master server. One of
the drives is configured as an ndmp drive.

The need to have one drive configured as ndmp is kill us and I believe from
info on this group that this is still not resolved with netbackup 6 and
netapp.

So I need another soln. If I was to directly attach a tape library to one
of the netapp filer heads, would netbackup be able to control the library?
Would i need another licenses beside the license for another library based
drive?

thanks

BB
--
Bevan Broun
Systems Engineer

This Email may contain confidential and/or privileged information and is
intended
solely for the addressee(s) named. If you have received this information in
error, or
are advised that you have been posted this Email by accident, please notify the
sender by return Email, do not redistribute it, delete the Email and keep no
copies.