Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] sybase agent

2006-07-03 13:30:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] sybase agent
From: briandiven at northwesternmutual.com (briandiven AT northwesternmutual DOT com)
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 12:30:38 -0500
We use the agent exclusively for our DB backups.  However, the sybase
team write the logs to disk during the day and fire off a Netbackup job
to tape at night.  The possible blessing to the agent is that you have
to be a sybase user to do the restore.  Which means they don't call me
in the middle of the night !!