Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Keeping Data From Expiring?!

2006-06-30 11:25:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Keeping Data From Expiring?!
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:25:30 -0400
This is a terrible idea all around but I've been ordered to freeze all
offsite data for a legal discovery to come in some lawsuit my company is
in.  I've got a list of all offsite tapes, but how do I go about keeping
that information in the catalog?  I'm thinking bpexpdate them and set
their expiration for infinity - but is that going to set all the images
to that expiration date or just the media?  I need to make sure that all
the data on these tapes does not expire from the catalog.

Ideas?

-Jonathan