Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] status 1 (was: Typical success rates?)

2006-06-30 09:14:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] status 1 (was: Typical success rates?)
From: jlightner at water.com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:14:06 -0400
The point being you can't really investigate every file that causes a
status 1 every day.  In the prior job I mentioned just one backup took
me hours to certify that none of the files involved were an issue.

Unless they're going to let you kill all other processes on a system and
lock out all users and connections during a backup they'll have to live
with status 1.