Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk Staging in Netbackup Ver 6.0 MP2

2006-06-29 07:27:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk Staging in Netbackup Ver 6.0 MP2
From: Bhangui.Sandeep at bls.gov (Bhangui, Sandeep - BLS CTR)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 07:27:13 -0400
Hello
                The objective here was to create a Disk Staging Storage
Unit (DSSU) and not merely Disk Storage Unit (DSU).

I followed the procedure in teh Netbackup System Admin Guide for UNIX
Ver 6.0  (Pages 48-49). The procedure basically is as follows.

1. From the GUI click on new storage unit.

2. Selected " Disk" as the Storage unit type.

3.  Selected "Basic Disk" as the Disk Type.

4. Provided the absolute pathe name to the filesystem that I created for
the dsu. ( e.g /dsu1)

5. Now just below that I have teh following options.

   Max concurrent jobs allowed :  ( I can edit this)

   Reduce fragment size : (If I check the box I can edit this)

   High Water Mark : ( I can edit this)

   Low Water Mark (Staging only) : This option is greyed out I CANNOT
EDIT THIS OPTION or in  other words not available.

6. As per the manual I should also see one more checkbox " This storage
unit is a temp staging area" . I DO NOT SEE THIS BOX AT ALL IN THE ABOVE
gui.

Is there a separate WAY to create a DSSU as opposed to DSU??? Because I
am intrested in creating a DSSU and Not merely a DSU.

Also someone on this forum has mentioned that with Ver 6.0 and MP2 the
"low water mark" option is not available in the GUI when used on a UNIX
master/media and that it was available in Ver 6.0 MP1.

Maybe it is a BUG in  Ver 6.0 MP2.

Thanks
Sandeep