Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk Staging in Netbackup Ver 6.0 MP2

2006-06-28 16:42:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk Staging in Netbackup Ver 6.0 MP2
From: John_Trainer at Countrywide.Com (John_Trainer AT Countrywide DOT Com)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:42:26 -0700
Using 6.0 MP 2 Enterprise on Wintel If I select the DSU option for temp
staging the Low Water mark settings become available however the high
water mark greys out.  Removing the check mark swaps the 2 settings, IE
the low water mark greys out and the high mark is available to be
adjusted.

Karl.Rossing at Federated.CA
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
06/28/2006 12:31 PM

cc
veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Disk Staging in Netbackup Ver 6.0 MP2

veritas-bu-bounces at mailman.eng.auburn.edu wrote on 06/28/2006 02:06:16 PM:

> Hi
>         Have Netbackup Server Base Edition Ver 6.0 + MP2 installed
> and configured on my UNIX machines. Have One master as well as Media
> configured to backup 25 clients.
> Wanted to create a DSU for temporary disk staging area to be dumped
> to tapes at a later time. Follow the procedure given in the docs to
> create the DSU but I just do not see the "Low Water Mark" stuff
> enabled for me to anything nor do I see any checkbox to state that
> this is a temp staging area.
> I thought that functionality of disk staging was available under
> Netbackup Server Base Edition.

I'm guessing you mean DSSU. Anyway, i have noticed that you can no longer
set the high and low water mark with MP2. Specifically using the Windows
Gui connecting to a Unix master/media.

I'm pretty sure you could set it in MP1 and GA.

MP3 ;) should be out any day now.

Karl-Fr?d?ric Rossing,

Technical Services

phone:
204-786-6431

fax:
204-784-6755

toll free:
1-800-665-1934

www.federated.ca

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information in this email may be confidential and/or legally
privileged. This email is intended to be reviewed by only the
individual(s) or organization(s) named above. If you are not the intended
recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any review, dissemination or copying of this
email and its attachments, if any, or the information contained herein is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately
notify the sender by return email and delete this email and its
attachments from your system. Thank you.

Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in and transmitted with this
communication is strictly confidential, is intended only for the use of the
intended recipient, and is the property of Countrywide Financial Corporation or
its affiliates and subsidiaries.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any use of the information contained in or transmitted
with the communication or dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited by law.  If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately return this communication to the
sender and delete the original message and any copy of it in your possession.