Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Proper setting for fragment size

2006-06-28 09:47:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Proper setting for fragment size
From: Greg.Hindle at constellation.com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:47:12 -0400
Nb 5.0 mp6 Solaris 9

When setting up NDMP storage units as well as regular production storage
units what should be the max fragment size? I have seen and been told
completely differe3nt settings. Currently we has 512 k for regular
production storage units and 2000 or 2048 set for NDMP storage units. We
use SDLT 320 and LTO3 drives. But I have also seen hat you should set no
fragment size on NDMP storage units. So what does everyone else use to
tune this setting?

Greg