Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exporting GUI to Linux

2006-06-26 18:54:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exporting GUI to Linux
From: kspam at comcast.net (Kevin Enslow)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:54:11 -0700
Thanks for all the replies. It turns out I wasn't setting up a trusted
X11 session between my desktop and the Server The solution was to add a
few lines to my $HOME/.ssh/config file.

To answer a few questions:

I'm running Netbackup 6.0MP2 (fresh install) on Solaris 8
my Desktop is Gentoo Linux 2006 2.6.16 running KDE

I just added the lines that was suggested by Robin and everything seems
to be working flawlessly.

Thanks again!

Kevin Enslow

.------[ Robin Small wrote (2006/06/26 at 01:14:58 PM) ]------

> Make sure you have the X11 Trusted set right. I was getting a white box
> until this was set. My ~/.ssh/config looks something like:
>
> Host netbackup-server-hostname
> Compression yes
> ForwardX11 yes
> ForwardX11Trusted yes
>
> this is on your linux desktop box
>

> On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 19:24 +0000, Kevin Enslow  wrote:
> > I'm trying to export the jnbSA to a linux box I use as my desktop and
> > the login screen doesn't render fully. I'm forwarding my XSessions over
> > ssh and that is working fine. Here is my environment:
> >
> > Headless Solaris 8 Master/Media server
> > Gentoo Linux w/KDE
> >
> > I know the X11 Forwarding is configured correctly since I can start an
> > xterm session and the login screen pops up on my desktop. jnbSA works
> > fine when I export it on a windows box with cygwin.
> >
> > Has anyone come across this? any suggestions on how to get jnbSA working
> > on linux?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Kevin