Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU6 with NBU 5.1 NT4 client mounts but never startsbacking up

2006-06-26 02:03:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU6 with NBU 5.1 NT4 client mounts but never startsbacking up
From: Tim.Wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au (Wilkinson, Tim)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:03:51 +1000
I've actually found what the issue is.

I contact VERITAS support and it seems it's because NBU 6 (it may also
happen for older versions) apparently assumes that open file backups is
desirable unless otherwise specified. To resolve, I had to add the host
to Client Attributes of the Master and then explicitly uncheck the open
file backups box.

This is contrary to how we thought it worked.....

This worries me a bit; if open file backups are generally done by
default (unless otherwise specified) how do you control the
location/size, etc. of the cache file? Could this lead to backup jobs
not completing (156 errors) if there is not enough space for the cache
file, out of the box?

Cheers,

Tim