Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] StorEdge L700 slow inventory

2006-06-23 11:18:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] StorEdge L700 slow inventory
From: Eric.Johnson at mtsallstream.com (Johnson, Eric)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:18:25 -0400
I'm referring to the Netbackup logical inventory update. The physical
cell audit that happens when you close the silo door takes about 5
minutes and is perfectly understandable. In this case though, the
library has already updated it's internal inventory and Netbackup is
simply requesting it to compare with it's volume database. I timed it
the other day and it takes 2 minutes. It's not a big problem, but it's
sort of annoying.

A simple "show contents" takes the same amount of time, as does using
the vmupdate command-line utility. I thought maybe it was a DNS problem
since the machine didn't have access to the name servers at the time,
but that's been resolved now and the delay still exists.

Eric