Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk-Based backups having empty final fragments

2006-06-21 23:35:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk-Based backups having empty final fragments
From: kfhemness at ucdavis.edu (Kathryn Hemness)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:35:41 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings,

I'm running disk-storage-unit backups (not the disk-staging storage units)
on a NB5.1MP3 Solaris 9 server.  I've configured my storage units for a 2000MB
fragment size.

Occasionally, I run into backup images which exactly fill the fragments exactly
and bpimagelist shows a final zero-sized fragment which doesn't exist on the
storage unit.  I haven't been able to duplicate these backups to tape.  I've
tried touching a file having the same name as the final fragment, but without
success.  I've ultimately had to expire the backup.

Does anybody have a workaround for this?  It seems like this is a potential
problem regardless of the storage unit's fragment-size configuration.

--kathy