Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL restores

2006-06-20 14:58:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL restores
From: ida3248b at post.cybercity.dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:58:00 +0200
Hi Mike

I have had this problem, if I didn't close all the SQL enterprise manager
GUI's.

Regards
Michael

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:35:36 -0700 (PDT), Mike Wigington wrote
> Hi All,
> Concerning SQL restores, does the database have to be down to restore a
database from a backup and redirecting the files to a different directory?
I'm getting ODBC -1 and SQL state<37000> messages stating the restore fails
because the ODBC could not obtain exclusive access due to the database is in
use.