Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Fronting backups with disk then bleeding off to tape.

2006-06-20 12:05:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Fronting backups with disk then bleeding off to tape.
From: jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:05:55 -0400 (EDT)
Does anyone do this with a massive amount of data?  Also, I noticed with
5.1MP4 its possible to use multiple streams to bleed from disk->tape but I
was wondering how well this worked practice.

How many people bleed off to tape using 5.1MPx?
Using 6.0?

How well does it work under 6 vs. 5? I know there is a watermark feature.
Also, how come when I bled data off to tape under 5.1MP4, it did not
remove the images from disk?  Must I manually purge that data?

Thanks,

Justin.